The Perfect Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Spooky season has officially arrived and that can only mean one thing... Pumpkin carving is well and truly underway. And now, you don't have to worry about leftovers!
Making a scrumptious pumpkin soup is just one way to put leftover pumpkin to good use and we have the perfect recipe for you.
Our delicious pumpkin soup recipe is super yummy, healthy and will keep you cosy on a cold Autumnal evening! So why not give it a try?
|Makes:||Prep Time:||Cooking Time:|
|6-8 servings||10 mins||45 mins|
- 2 medium-sized pumpkins (peeled, de-seeded & chopped)
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan
- Gently cook the chopped onion until soft
- Add in the chopped pumpkin and leek. Cook for 10 minutes
- Add in the vegetable stock
- Bring to the boil and cook until the pumpkin is soft (about 30 minutes)
- Puree with a hand blender & season with salt and pepper
- Serve & top with chilli flakes (optional)
Give this recipe a try and we promise you won't be disappointed!
Don't forget to send a photo of the finished product to @brodiecf so we can share your delicious soup.